Why the future of paper is more complicated than you think

PeterK

Jun 30, 2015, 10:53:13 PM6/30/15
to RAINbyte, AIN, ARCHIVES-UK, RECMGMT-L, RECMGMT-UK, Peter Kurilecz

"One of the ideas is that if we move to electronic records, we will get rid of paper," said Julia Adler-Milstein at the University of Michigan. "But everyone says that doesn't happen in reality."

Adler-Milstein is talking about the health care industry, which for the past six years has been on the receiving end of a concerted effort by the federal government to increase digitization of key records. The push began in 2009 with the passage of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which incentivized healthcare providers to begin storing their medical records electronically.

http://bit.ly/1IrwKtu
http://bit.ly/1IrwKtu+

--
Peterk