UM Journalism Professor Presents Katrina Archive Work at UCLA

PeterK

Oct 18, 2016, 10:26:04 PM10/18/16
to RAINbyte, AIN

A professor in the University of Mississippi’s Meek School of Journalism and New Media will present her work to discover and republish an archive of lost blogs, emails and other online writing from the years after Hurricane Katrina on Friday (Oct. 14) at the University of California at Los Angeles.

Cynthia Joyce is editor of “Please Forward: How blogging reconnected New Orleans after Katrina,” an anthology released Aug. 29, 2015, the 10th anniversary of the storm. The anthology mined blog posts and widely circulated emails from more than 75 blogs and online websites, many of which are no longer live. It weaves an intimate narrative of the first two years after the storm and the lives of the people who lived through it.

http://bit.ly/2e6g6cm
http://bit.ly/2e6g6cm+

--
Peterk