How the NYT partook in the plunder of Iraq Who gave permission to the New York Times to remove thousands of ISIL files from Iraq?

PeterK

Apr 24, 2018, 9:55:02 PM4/24/18
to RAINbyte, AIN, ARCHIVES-UK, Archivists&Archives

Iraq is the most salient example, particularly after the Anglo-American invasion of 2003. The United States plundered millions of documents and moved them out of Iraq during its occupation of the country. With the exception of the Iraqi Jewish Archive, which is set to be returned to Iraq in two years, there are no plans to return any of the other collections.

In fact, in the past two years, more documents have been removed from the country, continuing this decades-long plunder. In a recent piece, the New York Times bragged about taking to the US thousands of ISIL documents its journalists snatched from liberated areas in Iraq.

Perhaps one should not be surprised that the newspaper that participated in justifying the 2003 invasion of Iraq does not consider these actions unethical.

http://bit.ly/2JqYQZD
http://bit.ly/2JqYQZD+

--
Peterk