In New Hampshire, governors pick the records that make up their legacy

PeterK

Jan 16, 2017, 1:07:11 PM1/16/17
to RAINbyte, AIN, RECMGMT-L

Governors can leave a significant mark on New Hampshire. But they don’t have to pass on much record of it when they leave office.

There’s no state law that mandates governors turn over all emails to the state archives, or even some. It means the state’s record keepers have a patch-work when it comes to the written record of New Hampshire’s former leaders.

Former Gov. Maggie Hassan said she would hand over copies of her major speeches to the state archives. As for the troves of emails her staff generated over her last four years in office?

http://bit.ly/2jhlF6a
http://bit.ly/2jhlF6a+

--
Peterk