Pat Garrett's death report draws crowd at unveiling ceremony

1 view

PeterK

Jun 17, 2017, 11:53:41 PM6/17/17
to RAINbyte, AIN

LAS CRUCES - Anticipation built in the Doña Ana County Commission Chambers on Friday, as officials pulled a decorative gold cloth from atop a framed, yellowed document.

The February 1908 document, written in cursive script and signed by six men, was far from an ordinary public record. It laid out the few findings of an Old West coroner's jury investigation into the shooting death of famed lawman Pat Garrett. Garrett himself was known for having shot and killed Billy the Kid.

http://bit.ly/2sCEaIV
http://bit.ly/2sCEaIV+

--
Peterk