How Archivists And Coders Plan To Stop Censorship Under Trump

PeterK

Jan 16, 2017, 12:30:11 PM1/16/17
to RAINbyte, AIN

Archivists, coders and other volunteers will gather on the sixth floor of the library at the University of Pennsylvania on Jan. 13 and 14 to preserve federal data that they believe could be at risk after Donald Trump is sworn in.

Their work, dubbed DataRefuge, is part of an effort that began with a tweet by meteorologist Eric Holthaus. Other volunteers are working in Toronto, Indianapolis, San Diego and other cities.

http://bit.ly/2j125Kx
http://bit.ly/2j125Kx+

--
Peterk