Preview: Revolutionary Archivists’ “Still Raising Hell” at the Robert W. Woodruff Library

PeterK

Sep 18, 2016, 12:42:43 PM9/18/16
to RAINbyte, AIN, Peter Kurilecz

In the early 1970s Camille Billops and James Hatch, both professors at City College of New York, began to collect books, play scripts, photographs, oral histories, exhibition catalogs, posters, artwork and other objects of Black culture specifically to answer this need. Their work became the Billops-Hatch Collection, whose purpose was:

  1. To collect and preserve primary and secondary resources in the Black cultural arts.
  2. To provide access to these materials to artists, scholars, and the general public.
  3. To develop programs in the arts that would use the materials in the collection.

http://bit.ly/2cU6flG
http://bit.ly/2cU6flG+

--
Peterk