Palmerston North's photographic history preserved

PeterK

Aug 13, 2017, 5:02:28 PM8/13/17
to RAINbyte, AIN, ARCHIVES-UK

Thousands of Manawatu Standard photo negatives, representing 40-plus years of pre-digital local news, were given an upscale new home this week.

On Tuesday the collection, filed in approximately 172 labelled, dated boxes from 1956 to the late 1990s, was handed over to the Palmerston North library's Ian Matheson city archives. There, a new purpose-built, temperature controlled space awaits them.

http://bit.ly/2wGOKyd
http://bit.ly/2wGOKyd+

--
Peterk