A First Look at REBNY’s Historical Archives, Now at LaGuardia Community College

PeterK

Jan 21, 2018, 11:28:24 AM1/21/18
to RAINbyte, AIN, Archivists&Archives
They’re not the Dead Sea Scrolls,” admitted Michael Slattery, the senior vice president of research for the Real Estate Board of New York, “but for us, they’re the equivalent.”
Slattery is talking about the 35 boxes worth of materials that REBNY delivered from its Midtown headquarters, at 570 Lexington Avenue, to the LaGuardia and Wagner Archives at the City University of New York’s LaGuardia Community College in Long Island City, Queens, this past September. The shipment contained a treasure trove of historical documents, tracing the course of REBNY’s 122-year history—and with it, the history of New York City real estate.

http://bit.ly/2DoM23b
http://bit.ly/2DoM23b+

--
Peterk