Brinton Collection showcases artifacts from an Iowan couple’s contribution to film history

PeterK

Apr 24, 2018, 9:52:50 PM4/24/18
to RAINbyte, AIN, Archivists&Archives

Walking into the exhibit room, individuals are met with dim lighting that serves a great purpose: to preserve artifacts from a pair of Iowa’s most innovative minds.

Film catalogues, magic-lantern slides, letters, managerial reports, and other curios from the lives of W. Frank and Indiana Brinton take center stage in the newest special collection at the Main Library.

The collection, Brinton’s Famous Moving Pictures: The Emergence of Early Film in America, tells the story of the longest continually running movie theater in the world, located in Washington, Iowa, and the inventive husband and wife who ran it.

http://bit.ly/2qVHtt6
http://bit.ly/2qVHtt6+

--
Peterk