New Archive Provides 1-Stop Access to Vital Resources on California’s Punjabi American Community

1 view

PeterK

Oct 17, 2016, 9:58:56 PM10/17/16
to RAINbyte, AIN
n the late 19th century, people from the Punjab region in north India, known as the Land of Five Rivers, began settling in the Sacramento Valley and other parts of rural California, farming the land that reminded them of home. Despite the many challenges these pioneers faced in a new land, they built a thriving community.

The history and ongoing vibrancy of Yuba City’s Punjabi American community — one of the largest rural South Asian communities outside India — is celebrated with the launch of the Pioneering Punjabis Digital Archive Project by the University of California, Davis.

http://bit.ly/2eeBQyW
http://bit.ly/2eeBQyW+

--
Peterk