Botanical project partnership hits pay dirt

PeterK

Jan 21, 2018, 11:20:23 AM1/21/18
to RAINbyte, AIN

DEADWOOD — It’s all an archivist could ask for and more.

Hard evidence of a bygone era; Plant matter preserved in plastic bags and collected from the Chinatown dig site, formally processed by project principals from the Black Hills State University School of Natural Sciences, were ultimately identified as matches to existing historic records of the Chinatown district in Deadwood.

Thursday, project principals from the BHSU  School of Natural Sciences and Herbarium, Mark Gabel, Justin Ramsey, and Tara Ramsey, held their culminating presentation on a three-year botanical project, commissioned by the city of Deadwood and the Historic Preservation Commission.

http://bit.ly/2rpIXP3
http://bit.ly/2rpIXP3+

--
Peterk