Texas-based firm now working to preserve McDowell County’s old documents

PeterK

Sep 18, 2016, 1:24:48 PM9/18/16
to RAINbyte, AIN

For the next couple of weeks, a family-owned firm out of Texas will work diligently behind the scenes at the McDowell Register of Deeds office to preserve the county’s old documents for future generations.

In July, Register of Deeds Tonia Hampton asked the McDowell County Commissioners for permission to have Peeler Mobile Book Preservation of Bonham, Texas (which is near Dallas) come here to preserve the county’s  marriage and death records, some of which are at least 150 years old. These records are kept and maintained by her office.

“We’re the keeper of the county’s documents, the county’s history,” she said to the commissioners in July.

The commissioners unanimously approved her request.

http://bit.ly/2cHKdEe
http://bit.ly/2cHKdEe+

--
Peterk