10 Treasures, Unearthed From the New York Philharmonic’s Archives

1 view

PeterK

Apr 24, 2018, 9:15:45 PM4/24/18
to RAINbyte, AIN, ARCHIVES-UK, Archivists&Archives
Imagine what you could find if you rummaged through the attic of America’s oldest orchestra, the New York Philharmonic, founded in 1842. A Beethoven score, annotated decades apart by Mahler and Toscanini, two Philharmonic music directors who didn’t always see eye to eye. A flute part from the 1893 premiere of Dvorak’s “New World” Symphony. A “Mahler Grooves” bumper sticker that Leonard Bernstein put in his score of Mahler’s Sixth.

https://nyti.ms/2vHVz6b
https://nyti.ms/2vHVz6b+

--
Peterk