McDermott Library Lands 'Airplane as Art' Collection with Gift

PeterK

Aug 13, 2017, 1:14:46 PM8/13/17
to RAINbyte, AIN

With the generosity of UT Dallas alumnus Jerry Comer MS’77, the Special Collections department at the Eugene McDermott Library is now home to a series of 302 aviation-themed photographs titled “The Airplane as Art” by renowned photographer Bob Seidemann.

The collection, described as one of the most ambitious photography portfolio projects of the 20th century, contains portraits of pilots, engineers, designers, aerobatic teams, astronauts, cosmonauts, and flight and maintenance crews. The series also features pictures of commercial, military and experimental planes as well as the space shuttle, airplane graveyards, views from the air, cockpits, aerobatic teams in formation, aircraft carriers and abstract details of aircraft.

http://bit.ly/2wH7s8H
http://bit.ly/2wH7s8H+

--
Peterk