Vermont Court Ruling Leaves 'Gaping Loophole' in Public Records Act

PeterK

Apr 23, 2017, 12:54:42 PM4/23/17
to RAINbyte, AIN, RECMGMT-L
A Vermont Superior Court judge has given state officials an easy way to circumvent the public records law. In response to a lawsuit, Judge Robert Mello ruled in February that government agencies don't have to search private email accounts or private cellphones when responding to public records requests.

The suit's plaintiff, Brady Toensing, appealed the decision Monday to the Vermont Supreme Court, arguing that the ruling creates a "gaping loophole" in the state's public records law.

http://bit.ly/2p9Z7sY
http://bit.ly/2p9Z7sY+

--
Peterk