The art of archiving

PeterK

Jun 26, 2016, 1:02:57 PM6/26/16
to RAINbyte, AIN, ARCHIVES-UK
Sinha’s extensive work as both an art critic and curator had also made her privy to the obstacles of art publishing in India. “It costs several lakhs to bring out a book on art, and the print runs are small too — an average of 3,500 copies. Once this run is exhausted, the publishers almost never have enough money for another.” This meant an acute loss of important books, journals, essays and articles, which kept slipping through the cracks without a strong “book reading culture around art”. With space shrinking in mainstream print media, and the absence of any extensive publishing in art, Sinha felt the need to create an alternative space that would work as a “meeting place of thinkers around art”. In December 2014, after a year of planning, work and preparation, the online portal titled Critical Collective was launched.

http://bit.ly/28YWqTA
http://bit.ly/28YWqTA+

--
Peterk