Meet the people trying to save today’s news as tomorrow’s history

PeterK

Aug 20, 2016, 12:35:51 PM8/20/16
to RAINbyte, AIN, ARCHIVES-UK, Peter Kurilecz

Last month, I wrote about the newspaper industry’s shift from ink-on-paper to the Internet. While I agreed that digital delivery was the future of news, I worried that much of today’s online journalism might be lost to future historians and researchers.

That column prompted an invitation to speak to the News Media Section of International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions. University of Kentucky Libraries happened to be hosting that group’s annual conference in Lexington.

I don’t know how valuable my remarks were to the 40 or so librarians and archivists from around the world who attended, but I was fascinated by their work.

http://bit.ly/2bSTT0b
http://bit.ly/2bSTT0b+

--
Peterk