White House officials used private email, violated federal record-keeping rules, top Democrat says

1 view

PeterK

Oct 21, 2017, 10:26:06 PM10/21/17
to RAINbyte, AIN, RECMGMT-L
In a letter to House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., said White House lawyers told committee staff that "several White House employees came forward and 'confessed' that they failed to forward official records from their personal email accounts to their governmental email accounts within 20 days, as the Presidential Records Act requires."

http://abcn.ws/2gXKl3x
http://abcn.ws/2gXKl3x+

Gowdy said it was "false" that the White House has not cooperated and said the committee's investigation into private email use for official business is government-wide and not about just one entity.

"Allegations that we have completed our engagement with the White House on this issue are absurd," Gowdy added in a statement. “As recently as this morning I was on the phone with a Cabinet level official to ensure their full compliance. We need the documents – not the drama.”

http://politi.co/2yIQz0T
http://politi.co/2yIQz0T+

--
Peterk