Washington University Preserves Rare Civil Rights Documentary

1 view

PeterK

Jun 17, 2017, 8:27:07 PM6/17/17
to RAINbyte, AIN

The Archive completed the work with a Basic Preservation Grant it received in last year’s [2016] round of funding from the National Film Preservation Foundation. One purpose of the grants is to allow archives to make noteworthy films publicly available.

The Archive used its NFPF award to preserve both the documentary film and two reels of outtakes, which include unreleased silent footage of Seeger, civil rights leader Robert Moses, musician Theodore Bikel, and a young Bob Dylan. (Reel one; reel two.)

http://bit.ly/2tAmSJD
http://bit.ly/2tAmSJD+

--
Peterk