Get to know Alisun DeKock (MS '07), librarian and archivist at Shedd Aquarium

PeterK

Apr 24, 2018, 9:39:22 PM4/24/18
to RAINbyte, AIN, Archivists&Archives
Where do you work, and what is your role?

At the aquarium, I oversee the entire program including budgets, purchasing, collection development, research and reference, circulation, cataloging, library moves, marketing, web presence, and anything else you can imagine. I also manage the archive, which when I arrived was a collection of 100 unprocessed boxes covered in plastic with no funding and little awareness of its existence. It is now a proper archive of more than 200 boxes (nearly 80 percent processed) with its own room and budget, and it is regularly used by our staff. Finally, I am part of a team tasked with writing and managing the electronic fish ID system that runs in many of our public areas.

http://bit.ly/2vHNs9C
http://bit.ly/2vHNs9C+

--
Peterk