My #ACA2016 plenary: It’s the end of the archival profession as we know it, and I feel fine

PeterK

Jun 26, 2016, 1:15:46 PM6/26/16
to RAINbyte, AIN, Peter Kurilecz
I’ve been trying to learn more about how technology and the Internet are affecting other professions. I kept thinking that someone must be writing about this, and lo and behold, a few months ago I found this book: The Future of Professions: How Technology will Transform the Work of Human Experts by British father and son, Richard and Daniel Susskind. Published just last year, it was exactly the book I was looking for, and it’s changed my own thinking about the future of archives, as well as the main thrust of this afternoon’s talk.  It gave me greater insight into trends I’d already seen, what drives innovation, and where the roots of the next phase of innovation lie for our profession.

http://bit.ly/28VyjBy
http://bit.ly/28VyjBy+

--
Peterk