Effort seeks to preserve history of St. Petersburg's Weekly Challenger newspaper

PeterK

Nov 27, 2016, 12:02:06 PM11/27/16
to RAINbyte, AIN

In a leaking, moldy back room of the paper's office on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street, stacks of the newspaper lay stuck together. Pictures depicting the lives of St. Petersburg's black residents peeled from the pages when the old papers were opened.

"The whole office was moldy, but that back room actually leaked," Johnson said. "So a lot of the stuff was ruined back there."

With the help of the University of South Florida St. Petersburg, Johnson found a solution that not only took the salvageable extra papers off her hands, but will also help preserve part of the city's history.

 http://bit.ly/2g7bXDH

 http://bit.ly/2g7bXDH+

--
Peterk