Move-In 2016: The History Keepers

PeterK

Aug 20, 2016, 12:47:37 PM8/20/16
to RAINbyte, AIN, Peter Kurilecz

“There were no university archives,” he recalls. “No one had ever collected any records documenting the history of the university.”

So, before he could write about the first 100 years of Colorado’s land-grant college, Hansen had to collect it. Armed with a memo from President Ray Chamberlain giving him access to any documents he needed, he and his graduate assistant went from college to department filling cardboard boxes with papers and other memorabilia. Then they hauled them to a makeshift space in a corner of Morgan Library and began to sort.

“I had never been trained as an archivist, but I had spent plenty of time working in archives, so I knew enough to arrange materials by who created them rather than by subject,” he said.

http://bit.ly/2bEVkuT
http://bit.ly/2bEVkuT+

--
Peterk