Long lost recording of Martin Luther King Jr. speech in Maine made available online

PeterK

Jan 21, 2018, 11:24:42 AM1/21/18
to RAINbyte, AIN

The King Center in Georgia owns the copyright to the recording of King’s talk in Brunswick, but allows the school to make the audio available online for special occasions, like Monday’s holiday, according to a post on the Bowdoin website.

The recording might not be available even for occasional listening if not for a lucky find. The speech was recorded by the school’s radio station, WBOR, but, as explained in the aforementioned post, “went missing for many years until Bowdoin archivist Caroline Moseley came upon it when she was reviewing boxes of uncatalogued WBOR recordings.”

http://bit.ly/2mXIIWq
http://bit.ly/2mXIIWq+

--
Peterk