Jewish archivist honored for using new technology to revive old films

PeterK

Mar 1, 2015, 9:45:20 PM3/1/15
to RAINbyte, AIN, Peter Kurilecz

The technology to make movies has been around since the late 1800s. But to watch those early movies again, we needed to wait for technologies invented in just the last few years.

The advent of digital cinema has meant not only new methods of filming and screening movies but also new opportunities to restore degraded nitrate reels and cans of 35-millimeter film that had become unwatchable.

http://wapo.st/1GET4MM
http://wapo.st/1GET4MM+

--
Peterk