Feds accuse collector of faking Heisman Trophy in $10M fraud

1 view

PeterK

Sep 18, 2016, 12:37:26 PM9/18/16
to RAINbyte, AIN, ARCHIVES-UK, Peter Kurilecz

To create a fake Billy Sims Heisman Trophy, sports memorabilia collector John Rogers apparently thought he could just swap out the nameplate on a “poor man’s Heisman” he had bought years earlier.

But Rogers ignored the dent on the left side of the trophy base, the scratches and other marks. And he didn’t even bother to replace the missing screw from the original nameplate, court records show.

http://bit.ly/2cwjIOQ
http://bit.ly/2cwjIOQ+

--
Peterk