Builders go on trial for Cologne city archive collapse

PeterK

Jan 21, 2018, 11:29:50 AM1/21/18
to RAINbyte, AIN, ARCHIVES-UK

Some nine years after the spectacular and deadly collapse of Cologne's city archive, the trial of four men and one woman accused of negligent homicide and dangerous building practices began on Wednesday at the city's state courthouse.

Two of the defendants are from the construction management department of the city's transport operator KVB, which contracted the building of the subway tunnel that is said to have caused the collapse. The other three are from the Arge construction consortium made up of the firms Züblin, Wayss und Freytag and the Bilfinger Group, which were working on the tunnel at the time of the collapse.

City prosecutors had also charged a sixth man, but he has since died.

http://bit.ly/2DUKrDb
http://bit.ly/2DUKrDb+

--
Peterk