Keepers of Catholic history preserve records for New Jerseyans

1 view

PeterK

Jun 17, 2017, 10:57:40 PM6/17/17
to RAINbyte, AIN
someone married at the now-closed Sacred Heart Church on Bayview Avenue would have to go to Seton Hall's Walsh Library in South Orange.

On the library's ground floor, the Monsignor William Noe Field Archives houses these record books in a 2,000-plus-square-foot, fire-proof, secure  vault.  Once a week, an archdiocesan employee completes the requests that come in from all over the country and, indeed, the world.

The "pastor" who signs these certificates is Monsignor Francis Seymour, the archdiocesan archivist, who treats these historic records as if they are his "flock."

http://bit.ly/2tfsEAZ
http://bit.ly/2tfsEAZ+

--
Peterk