Portland company helping Baseball Hall of Fame put its 3.1 million-piece collection online

PeterK

Sep 18, 2016, 1:25:57 PM9/18/16
to RAINbyte, AIN, Peter Kurilecz

Until early September, the only way to peruse the 1,400 pages of Babe Ruth’s personal scrapbooks at the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum was to travel to Cooperstown, New York, and open one up. And you had to make an appointment first.

Thanks in part to a Portland company that helps create easy-to-search digital archives, people can now simply Google Ruth’s name and “scrapbook,” to browse hundreds of newspaper clippings about Ruth’s offseason antics performing at vaudeville theaters, battling with baseball officials, or barnstorming overseas.

http://bit.ly/2d8vq3t
http://bit.ly/2d8vq3t+

--
Peterk