Fire Destroys Valuable Artifacts at Jakarta’s Maritime Museum

PeterK

Jan 21, 2018, 11:41:32 AM1/21/18
to RAINbyte, AIN, ARCHIVES-UK

The Maritime Museum (Museum Bahari) in Jakarta caught on fire yesterday, destroying some of the valuable collection of historic artifacts on display after they were consumed by the fire.

According to witnesses, the fire started around 9:00a.m. yesterday. The museum was open and had 30-40 visitors, most of whom were school children. The cause of the fire is still unknown.

Among the objects that were burnt were sea navigation equipment, sailing equipment, miniature lighthouse models and traditional ships from 1940-1980.

http://bit.ly/2G42eZC
http://bit.ly/2G42eZC+

--
Peterk