Vermont - State archive unseals classified Douglas documents

PeterK

Jan 16, 2017, 1:19:58 PM1/16/17
to RAINbyte, AIN
MIDDLESEX, Vt. - More than 100,000 classified documents from the highest level of state government are now public. Six years after he left office, more than 25-percent of the documents saved by Gov. Jim Douglas' team remained under lock and key. Monday that changed, though the release may not be fully explored for decades.

Forty-eight boxes, each with about 2,500-hundred pages became public Monday. They detail former Gov. Jim Douglas's daily briefings, schedule, and staff opinions on bills from his time in office. "This will be the first time the public sees those," said Vermont State Archivist Tanya Marshall.

http://bit.ly/2iEumc7
http://bit.ly/2iEumc7+

--
Peterk