India - Hry mulls bringing in Bill for preserving both physical and digital records

1 view

PeterK

Apr 24, 2018, 10:00:57 PM4/24/18
to RAINbyte, AIN, ARCHIVES-UK

With its focus on digitalisation of various kinds of physical official records, the Manohar Lal Khattar Government in Haryana is now preparing to bring in a bill with provisions to ensure the preservation and integrity of electronic records for a specific period.

As the Public Records Act, 1993 was enacted in a pre-digital age, the State Government has planned to introduce a state bill focusing on the preservation of both physical records and digital records.

While the government was earlier proposing to introduce Haryana State Public Records Bill for maintaining physical public records, the state cabinet in a meeting later decided to chalk out provisions related to electronic records as well in the Bill.

http://bit.ly/2HqWNE8
http://bit.ly/2HqWNE8+

--
Peterk