Maker Competition TV Series - Intel

Aaron Ward

Aug 28, 2015, 12:14:03 PM8/28/15
to Arch Reactor
This just came across my inbox:

From: Gina Salemi [mailto:ginadc...@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:33 PM
Subject: INTEL Technology Presents "America's Greatest Makers" - A New Television Competition Series Looking for Designers, Engineers, Inventors and Other 'Makers'

Greetings!

My name is Gina Salemi. I am a casting producer working on a new television show that I think would greatly interest your technology entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, inventors and makers. Intel, Turner Broadcasting, Mark Burnett, and United Artists Media Group are searching for inventors with the next big technology innovation for a new television series, "America's Greatest Makers". Naturally we want to make sure that creative and dedicated individuals and entrepreneurs know about this great opportunity!

Intel is taking its annual “Make It Wearable” challenge to the next level and is looking nationwide for contestants to create the next big wearable or smart-connected device using Intel’s Curie Module™. Individuals can submit a concept or a working prototype for consideration.

Link to an Intel "Make It Wearable" Finalist that created a wearable that lets preemies or other babies in incubators feel their parents' heartbeat while separated.:  http://www.cnet.com/news/invention-lets-premature-babies-in-incubators-feel-moms-heartbeat/

This new series will chronicle the competition among the finalists who will be mentored by Intel engineers to turn their ideas into a reality. The winner will be rewarded with a million dollar cash prize and would be great exposure for all involved.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could share the flyer attached with your students, faculty, friends and colleagues. Please reply that you've received this email so that I can tell my casting team to pull any of your submissions to the front.  I have listed examples of last year's challenge winner (not televised) and information on the Curie Module below.

Please see the attached flyer for more information and to apply go to: americasgreatestmakers.com

** Must be 15 + years old - other eligibility requirements apply.

Submissions are due ASAP and no later than October 2, 2015.

Winner of last year's competition (2014):

Second Place:

Third Place:

Info on the Curie Module:

Thank you for your time, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Gina Salemi

office: 818-487-5082

--

Gina Salemi

Casting Producer |  Venertainment Inc.

America's Greatest Makers

This e-mail transmission, including any previous messages or attachments to it, contains information that may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete the original transmission without making copies, disclosing, distributing, saving or making use of it in any manner (all of which acts are strictly prohibited).