question about laptop repair workshop

annbo...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2015, 10:05:27 AM3/7/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi - Can anyone give me some details about what will be covered in the laptop repair workshop? I have a few laptops that we have used at Lab:Revolution, our 4-H makerspace in Farmington. I've pretty much given up on them because they are slow slow slow and often have problems while the kids are in the middle of using them for projects. I don't have much time to deal with them but I figure it might be worth one more shot if I could get someone who knows what they are doing to help check them out.Can you tell me more about what you plan to do in the workshop?
Thanks,
Ann

Chris Weiss

Mar 7, 2015, 3:11:03 PM3/7/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
basically we'll go over how to take a laptop apart for cleaning, which
often exposes many parts, some of which are replaceable. A common
cause for slowness is the cooling path is clogged, and the system
slows the CPU to try to prevent overheating.