looking to donate a few computers

Frank Kallal

Sep 30, 2015, 2:15:11 AM9/30/15
to Arch Reactor
I have several Older computers that I used for Media Centers.  They would likely do ok as Linux systems for Email and such, But I just don't have the Time to Mess with them.   I'm looking for a place I can Donate them, so they might see a second Life.

Any thoughts?

Chris Weiss

Sep 30, 2015, 8:56:40 AM9/30/15
to Arch Reactor
WITS is always an option

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 1:15 AM Frank Kallal <fr...@kallal.net> wrote:
I have several Older computers that I used for Media Centers.  They would likely do ok as Linux systems for Email and such, But I just don't have the Time to Mess with them.   I'm looking for a place I can Donate them, so they might see a second Life.

Any thoughts?

Eric Geldmacher

Sep 30, 2015, 9:10:42 AM9/30/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Morganism

Sep 30, 2015, 9:15:10 AM9/30/15
to Arch Reactor
Are any of them better than the computer that is on the laser?

Don Ellis

Sep 30, 2015, 11:53:46 AM9/30/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, SLUUG general discussion
I'm thinking ByteWorks -- if they can't use them, they would go to
WITS, if I understand correctly.

Either group is seriously Worthy, but ByteWorks HQ is in Soulard area,
and much more convenient to those of us in The City. WITS is slightly
North, at the last location I visited them.

--Don Ellis

annbo...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2015, 3:18:30 PM9/30/15
to Arch Reactor
We could also still use computers here at our makerspace for kids - Lab:Revolution - www.labrevo.org
We're in Farmington, MO.

I am in St. Louis fairly often and could pick them up at the space or anywhere else.

Ann