Would Arch Reactor be right for me?

horseshoec...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2017, 1:18:33 PM3/7/17
to Arch Reactor
I have been interested in Maker-style projects for most of my life, and have recently been trying out the Raspberry Pi. However, I have not had much success, even with basic projects. I was wondering, would coming to one of your events be a good way to learn more? Thank you for giving this a look.

Amberly Brown

Mar 7, 2017, 1:25:24 PM3/7/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely!

We have lots of people who do Raspberry pi, depending on what you are specifically trying to do, there should be several people able to help you.  I would recommend coming on a Sunday Hack Something! or Tuesday Business Meetings to meet people and ask questions. If you let us know what you are working on, you might even get some advice on the list.

Also, what is your name?

Thanks,

Amberly

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 12:18 PM, <horseshoec...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been interested in Maker-style projects for most of my life, and have recently been trying out the Raspberry Pi. However, I have not had much success, even with basic projects. I was wondering, would coming to one of your events be a good way to learn more? Thank you for giving this a look.

Frank Kallal

Mar 7, 2017, 1:32:01 PM3/7/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
So I think the best thing i can say is we aren't going to ask you for money to walk through the door.  We have alot of folks that are "Community Members" that come hang out, and learn things.  You are more than welcome to come and visit and hang out and see if we are a good fit for you.  In fact most "Classes" we do are open to the general public anyway.

If in time you make the decision to Join up, we have a Couple "Level's", and we will be happy to help you through the process.

Frank

eAddict

Mar 7, 2017, 2:40:08 PM3/7/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have worked  through my Ardunio stuff with help and now am working on Pi stuff.  Lots of nice folks who can help.  There are no stupid questions but be ready for a variety of answers as there are people of all different backgrounds there.

horseshoec...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2017, 2:43:57 PM3/7/17
to Arch Reactor, horseshoec...@gmail.com
On Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 12:18:33 PM UTC-6, horseshoec...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have been interested in Maker-style projects for most of my life, and have recently been trying out the Raspberry Pi. However, I have not had much success, even with basic projects. I was wondering, would coming to one of your events be a good way to learn more? Thank you for giving this a look.

My name is Evan, by the way. Thank you all for the prompt responses.

Morganism

Mar 7, 2017, 5:19:16 PM3/7/17
to Arch Reactor, horseshoec...@gmail.com
Welcome Evan,

I think Arch Reactor would absolutely be the right place for you. You can come down, ask around and get all the help you need. I do not believe we currently have a Raspberry Pi class scheduled, but there might be one soon if there is interest. Many of our members know and use them and would be happy to help you.

Come down any Tuesday or Sunday night to check the place out.

-Morgan