Build out session

Myles Farrell

Aug 9, 2016, 12:46:49 PM8/9/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

My current plan is to run over to RP Lumber on Thursday to grab lumber for walls. A couple people to go over to help load and unload would be appreciated. I will be leaving no later than 4 and will probably be back to the space around 530-6.

Di

Aug 9, 2016, 3:30:03 PM8/9/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Are you borrowing the truck, Myles?   If so I need to call and let them know you'll be by....

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Myles Farrell <mylesmich...@gmail.com> wrote:

My current plan is to run over to RP Lumber on Thursday to grab lumber for walls. A couple people to go over to help load and unload would be appreciated. I will be leaving no later than 4 and will probably be back to the space around 530-6.

Diane  <*>

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Myles Farrell

Aug 10, 2016, 2:33:59 PM8/10/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Diane, I am going to need the truck. I might be hard pressed to get it back down by 10 though.

Gene, My intent is to go to quick ever is quickest depending on traffic at the time. I suspect it will be the pontoon beach location.

Diane

Aug 10, 2016, 5:33:03 PM8/10/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Myles,

Have sent a message to Game Nite letting them know you'll be by.  Ask them to show you the "trick" to work the lift gate.  Apparently the last person to borrow it broke off the switch and hasn't repaired it yet.

I'm told you need to use a pair of pliers and grab the little bit of screw sticking out and it's kind of a pain.   And also that if you don't put what's left of the switch back in the proper position (middle, I think) it will quickly drain the batteries.

Diane  <*>

On Aug 10, 2016, at 1:33 PM, Myles Farrell <mylesmich...@gmail.com> wrote:

Diane, I am going to need the truck. I might be hard pressed to get it back down by 10 though.

Gene, My intent is to go to quick ever is quickest depending on traffic at the time. I suspect it will be the pontoon beach location.

Diane Sudduth

Aug 10, 2016, 6:15:10 PM8/10/16
to Arch Reactor
Myles,

I forgot to add.   Drop the truck back whenever you can.   Bring me the keys on Tuesday (I'll not be in on Sunday)   They have extra keys, this way we have a set.    We'll still need to make sure they know whenever we want to borrow it (every time) but this way we'll Have the keys and can pick it up at our leisure.

Be sure to set the lift-gate switch back to the "center" position.   The recommendation was to _not_ put a person on the lift-gate until the switch is fixed (which is tentatively planned for 8/20)

On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 4:33:03 PM UTC-5, Diane Sudduth wrote:
Myles,

Have sent a message to Game Nite letting them know you'll be by.  Ask them to show you the "trick" to work the lift gate.  Apparently the last person to borrow it broke off the switch and hasn't repaired it yet.

I'm told you need to use a pair of pliers and grab the little bit of screw sticking out and it's kind of a pain.   And also that if you don't put what's left of the switch back in the proper position (middle, I think) it will quickly drain the batteries.

Diane  <*>

Myles Farrell

Aug 10, 2016, 7:46:57 PM8/10/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Also there will be a build session on Saturday 10 until at least 3, probably later. We will be building out walls. This is one of the big build out sessions and there will be plenty of work for all skill levels and physical abilities. If you plan on coming please post here. Also, a few extra tape measures, squares, staple guns, and impact drivers would be helpful and you are willing to bring yours.

Frank Kallal

Aug 10, 2016, 8:32:57 PM8/10/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I will see If I can Arrange to be there.

Would you like me to Put a Call out in the Board Gamer Group, and the Archon Convention "Fan Group"  Both of Which i run?

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 6:46 PM, Myles Farrell <mylesmich...@gmail.com> wrote:

Also there will be a build session on Saturday 10 until at least 3, probably later. We will be building out walls. This is one of the big build out sessions and there will be plenty of work for all skill levels and physical abilities. If you plan on coming please post here. Also, a few extra tape measures, squares, staple guns, and impact drivers would be helpful and you are willing to bring yours.

Myles Farrell

Aug 11, 2016, 1:36:20 AM8/11/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Yes please frank

Frank Kallal

Aug 11, 2016, 11:05:25 AM8/11/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I forgot I'm Tied up with Scouting stuff tonight..  I'm Penciled in for Saturday at the moment, have to Confirm....

Word has been spread

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 12:36 AM, Myles Farrell <mylesmich...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes please frank

nfolken

Aug 11, 2016, 3:39:32 PM8/11/16
to Arch Reactor
I will be there 10-12, and then back again at 6. If there is enough help, we can also wire up more of the shop lights that have already been hung.

Travis Megee

Aug 11, 2016, 6:34:44 PM8/11/16
to Arch Reactor
I'm on my way over to help unload.

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 2:39 PM nfolken <niels...@gmail.com> wrote:
I will be there 10-12, and then back again at 6. If there is enough help, we can also wire up more of the shop lights that have already been hung.

Travis Megee

Aug 11, 2016, 7:20:59 PM8/11/16
to Arch Reactor
All done!

Myles Farrell

Aug 17, 2016, 1:44:35 PM8/17/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Great job last weekend everyone. For those of you haven't been down to the space we got 4 walls up and insulated, with two doors hung in the most unlevel, unplum building I have worked on in a long time. Then sunday a crew got 15 lighting troffers in the metal shop wired up. You should swing by and check it out.

There will be another set of build sessions saturday and sunday. Saturday will be mostly walls again with possibly some other stuff thrown in. That will be from 10 until at least 4. We will have jobs for all skill and physical abilities. Then the  plan is to work on wiring up the troffers over the woodshop on sunday afternoon/evening. Exact start time TBD.

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Travis Megee <twm...@gmail.com> wrote:
All done!
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 17:34 Travis Megee <twm...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm on my way over to help unload.
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 2:39 PM nfolken <niels...@gmail.com> wrote:
I will be there 10-12, and then back again at 6. If there is enough help, we can also wire up more of the shop lights that have already been hung.

Myles Farrell

Aug 18, 2016, 5:03:49 PM8/18/16
to Arch Reactor
Also again please post if you are coming so we have an idea of how many hands we have. If you are swinging by and wouldn't mind bringing a cordless drill or driver that would be very helpful as well. Last weekend the batteries started running dead toward the end.

Andrew Ricke

Aug 18, 2016, 6:28:11 PM8/18/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
When is this?

On Thursday, August 18, 2016, Myles Farrell <mylesmich...@gmail.com> wrote:
Also again please post if you are coming so we have an idea of how many hands we have. If you are swinging by and wouldn't mind bringing a cordless drill or driver that would be very helpful as well. Last weekend the batteries started running dead toward the end.

Diane Sudduth

Aug 19, 2016, 12:28:23 PM8/19/16
to Arch Reactor
I have to get a kitten to the vet for a shot on Saturday morning but will hopefully be there by 12:30 or 1pm or so.    I'll need to leave by 4:30 for an evening appointment.

I don't have a cordless drill.   Would you like my corded drill?    Did you want any other tools on Saturday?

What time are you thinking for Sunday?   I can be available after about 1pm on Sunday for whatever needs doing.

Diane  <*>