Leatherworking

Frank Kallal

Jan 24, 2018, 12:40:24 AM1/24/18
to Arch Reactor
Do we have any leather workers in the Group?

I have a Couple questions on Processes and how to do things.

Frank

Diane

Jan 24, 2018, 1:07:24 AM1/24/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Tony and I have both done a little bit I’m no where near expert.   There are some tools at AR, but nothing too fancy.

Myles has done some I know, and Sam too, I think, though I’ve not seen him in a while.

Diane  <*>

David Diederich

Amberly Brown

Jan 24, 2018, 9:37:12 AM1/24/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I've done some, and know a LOT of people who do it in my medieval history group.

Amberly

Myles Farrell

Jan 24, 2018, 9:41:39 AM1/24/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I have some basic experience. Mostly in making tool sheaths and basic decoration. I have also used Sam's sewing machine and my tools are upstairs in my studio. What's up?

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 7:27 AM, David Diederich <davedi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Message has been deleted

Frank Kallal

Jan 26, 2018, 12:26:50 AM1/26/18
to Arch Reactor
Mostly I'm looking for the best way to attach a Snap Closure to a thin piece of Faux leather.

Is there anything special i would need make attach them? or is it as simple as Cutting the area for the punch through and then smashing things together?

This is the Type of material I'm thinking of.using
https://goo.gl/Ahgjkg

attached are Images of similar Ideas

Thanks
leather 2.jpg
leather.jpg

Myles Farrell

Jan 26, 2018, 12:38:25 AM1/26/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thats pretty much it. I have extra snaps and the setting tool upstairs if you want.