Clamp Ammeter

Myles Farrell

Sep 20, 2018, 1:44:50 PM9/20/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have a clamp ammeter i could borrow for a few days?

Bob S.

Sep 21, 2018, 12:19:12 AM9/21/18
to Arch Reactor
yes... I have one. I will bring it with me on Sunday. Do you need it sooner? I could drop it off if needed earlier.

-Bob

Myles Farrell

Sep 21, 2018, 12:30:34 AM9/21/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Sunday is fine. Thanks

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018, 11:19 PM Bob S. <rsatc...@gmail.com> wrote:
yes... I have one.  I will bring it with me on Sunday.  Do you need it sooner? I could drop it off if needed earlier.

-Bob

Jim S

Sep 21, 2018, 12:52:59 PM9/21/18
to Arch Reactor
I usually can borrow one when needed but have seriously considered getting a split core current transformer.  They are only $10 - $15.  A 1000:1 transformer so feeding them into a meter set to mA will read out directly in amps.