Re: (Arch Reactor) SOS!!

Diane

Feb 28, 2017, 8:20:27 PM2/28/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
David,

I'm planning to work from AR tomorrow and not planning to use the printer. You're welcome to join me.  I've never used the Taz, and I'm not sure if anyone was able to fix the Griffin, but if me being there will help you, come on by.  I should get there about 9-ish tomorrow.

Diane  <*>

On Feb 28, 2017, at 4:55 PM, David Griggs <ubercl...@gmail.com> wrote:

I do plan to check out the shared 3D printers tonight at the Mill class. Just in case those are not available often enough this week or otherwise won't work for what I need, I'm reaching out to all of you.

My 3D printer is having a ridiculous amount of trouble, and I still have about 50-60 hours of prints to complete by this weekend for a project before I leave town for 2 weeks. If anyone has a printer with which I could make at least some of these parts I would be MIGHTY grateful. At this point each print takes about twice as long with all the failed starts, jamming halfway through an 8 hr print, and tweaking (and #@*$ing retweaking wack-a-mole style) over and over again. Almost every new part gives me new problems, and I don't know if I will get my project done in time without a bit-o-help.

I'm printing all parts in black PLA, ABS is fine too if your printer handles it better, and of course I'll pay for material costs (the remaining parts probably total around 1kg of material, depending of course on how many parts you are willing/able to help with). A few of the largest parts are near 8" in one dimension but many are smaller, so size isn't a huge deal.

Thank you!
David G

PS: I thought I posted this a few hours ago, but it never showed up on the board, so trying again?

Kamikaze Joe

Mar 1, 2017, 11:55:41 AM3/1/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I've got a Griffin at home that's currently sitting idle. It's use to
running all day and night.

I would need to get some black filiment, but I could be persuaded to
let some prints run, for a couple of spools of filiment.

--
---

Preserve your right to privacy. When replying to this email, I encourage you to make use of PGP compliant encryption. My key ID is A50DB9BC.