Dixie 9/28 Update

Derek Sigler

Sep 28, 2015, 3:50:18 PM9/28/15
to Arch Reactor
Lots of progress this weekend on our new home.  First off, Julie scored a ton of stuff from her employer.  Included is insulation, lots of kick plates, many push bar door locks that appear to be configured with electric actuators, other door handles, a parking lot light and a clock.  Other items yet to be picked up  include several cubical walls, a metal shop cart and a large warehouse tub.  Thanks Julie!  If you find yourself with something you think Arch Reactor may want, please speak up!  On the campaign trail our treasurer did send out an email stating we did hit out $3,000 initial target.  The link for donations is up and active.  Promote it as much as you can!  http://archreactor.org/moving

As for volunteering this past weekend.  The railing balusters were finished.  All the scraping was completed and 90% of the debris was removed.  That is a ton of labor, Thank You!  Sufficient emergency lighting was donated.  Condit and boxes were purchased and are in progress of being installed for the lights.  This technically, is the first purchase directly from AR funds, which is really a good milestone.  We have also ordered all necessary fire extinguishers.  Things are cleaning up nicely.  Bob is still working out details on both the heating and lease.

This weekend is busy for AR with Archon, First Friday and the Danforth Center Raspberry Jam event.  Thanks to all that will be at those events promoting AR!  However, Dixie work will continue.  Keep an eye open for weekend volunteer opportunities.
Thanks,
AR

20150927_175840.jpg
20150927_174414.jpg