September 4 - First Friday - Dr. Who - and notes about promo items

Diane Sudduth

Aug 12, 2015, 3:53:39 PM8/12/15
to Arch Reactor
The next First Friday is on September 4 and the theme will be Dr. Who, which is historically one of the most heavily attended Fridays.   I'm not sure if the fact that it kicks off Labor Day Weekend will add to or subtract from the crowd.   Either is possible.

By that Friday we will have two table covers in the event box.    Designed to drape over the table over any other table cloth that might be there, one has the fleur and "archreactor.org" and is already in the box.  The other, still in progress, will say "hackerspace" and also have the fleur.

Last year Bob 3d printed a LOT of small blue tardis trinkets to give away.   A reminder in case any/all of the 3d printer folks wanted to get the file from him and contribute to having a larger pile to give away.

If anyone wants anything laser-cut for next First Friday please let me know in advance.    (If you can think of anything super-fun to laser for Back to the Future in October, it is not too soon to be thinking about that one!  Suggestions Encouraged!)

I'm not sure how many gears were left after the last event but I've cut rather a lot more.   Rather than fully unpack the box the newly cut gears are in a small bag to be added to the gear-box the next time the box is unpacked.

Recently I ordered some acrylic and picked up two sheets of 1/8" orange.   One is the transparent orange that Joe has been using for the stARtrek badges, the other is opaque and can also be used for stARtrek badges or for any other promotional purpose we might dream up (please feel free to submit any ideas you dream up, or just ask for the sheet if you'd like to try something as a promo item)   Joe, the orange is in my pile of acrylic and wood.  You are welcome to either/both of the 12 x 24 sheets of orange acrylic if you like.

There's a directory on the desktop of the laser computer named something like "AR Logos and Promotional Items".   This directory holds a lot of our various LOGO files, as well as a "promo" directory where I've got the "gear" file stored.    If you happen to notice that we're getting low on gears please feel free to either contact me to cut more or use the file in that directory to kick off the laser job yourself.    Please Note::  IF you kick off a job to cut the full sheet in that file it tends to run very close to 1 hour 45 minutes.   It makes a LOT of gears, though...  It's set for 1/8" baltic birch ply.

Please feel free to add any additional AR Promo files into that folder.

Diane  <*>

Frank Kallal

Aug 12, 2015, 4:02:41 PM8/12/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I think i have a spare sheet of Blue... I can Do up some Laser Cut Tardi (Is that the plural of Tardis?)  And Color Fill them, with the AR Website n the back or something.

Morganism

Aug 13, 2015, 10:44:04 AM8/13/15
to Arch Reactor
I put a file on the Griffin last night. It prints 9 copies of a thin walled Tardis. I was not able to wait long enough for it to finish. However, it ran just fine at 300% speed. Best guess is an 8-10 hour print. Anyone can start one. File is called thin_tardis in the Arch Reactor folder.