STL Synthesizer & Electronic Production Meetup Sept. 24th

9 görüntüleme
İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

Derek Sigler

okunmadı,
8 Eyl 2017 13:53:458.09.2017
alıcı Arch Reactor
I'm helping host the Synthesizer Meetup on Sept. 24th noon to 6.  It's an offshoot of the St. Louis Retro Gamers.
Should bring in some like minded people.  Share with anyone who may be interested.  Expect it to be noisy at times, tear down at 6 in time for Hack Something.

***Starts at noon, cleanup/breakdown begins at 6PM, please ensure we're all out of the building by 7PM***

*** what it is:
In the modular synthesizer world, there are an endless number of
modules we'll never get to try and if we do, won't be able to afford - likewise with keyboard synths, VST instruments, effects and other gear like controllers. But in a meetup setting, we can come together and collectively explore.

Our mission comes in a couple of different strands...

1) the Eurorack modular community and other DIYers, especially those who want to get into building their own synthesizers. We can show you what's involved and help you move forward, in most cases quite realistically. We like seeing the modular family grow. There will be lots of modules on hand to demo, inlcuding an extensive DIY spread courtesy of Modular Addict (traveling all the way from Wisconsin no less... http://modularaddict.com/)!

2) keyboard synth users and DAW/VST-based musicians. No need to be specifically into modular to love synthesizers so all types are welcome. So many of us are islands, little project studios in bedrooms and basements - this is an opportunity to put names with faces and get an idea what's going on in our larger community, and get inspired to try new things from their examples.

Everyone is encouraged to swap production tips, recording techniques, gain insights into an optimal workflow, and most of all... see/hear how we each make our music and sounds.

Here's what we're going to do...

1) talk shop - features, specs, deep patch design, demo your rig, maybe like walking around at NAMM or Musikmesse but more personal.

2) connect to one of two open MIDI networks + small PA systems, start jamming and see where sit takes you.

3) presentations. This part is still TBA, but I would assume there will be at least one person or group we may want to carve out a specific time for.

*** how to participate:
Bring your gear, and don't forget your power strips and extension cords, headphones, controllers, or anything else you'd need to make it work 100% without anything but tablespace and an electrical outlet.

If you have a lot of stuff, be mindful of how much you bring. Tablespace is limited and priority will be given to modular equipment and/or to those who want to schedule a presention.

If you've got teachable knowledge please consider presenting. We would love to "formally" make time for specific concepts, rigs or people who have something special to offer. Post your ideas in the group for consideration, and/or send a PM to Owen Godwin. There will be a limited number of slots for this.

Invite your friends who'd be interested. There is a limit to how many the space can accomodate, so please have them RSVP to this event page.

*** additional:
Please be respectful of the space and clean up after yourselves!

This event is graciously hosted by our friends at Arch Reactor, STL's hackerspace/makerspace. Please consider tipping them a couple bucks if you can. This isn't about making money nor are we requiring anyone to pay anything, it's just a suggestion since they are hosting us without charge and it's a great way to ensure the future of their facilitty/operations.

Their website...
ArchReactor.org

Xsfx2000

okunmadı,