Wide format printer donation offered

Nathan Schrenk

Dec 21, 2016, 6:28:28 PM12/21/16
to Arch Reactor
See this post on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/174858366876/permalink/10154714867121877/

It looks to be an Epson SureColor S40600.

I have nothing to do with this, except for reposting it to the forum in case someone is interested in accepting this printer for AR (either to fix, or dismantle for components) and wishes to take responsibility for it.

Nathan

Morgan Miransky

Dec 21, 2016, 8:03:04 PM12/21/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I would defer to Myles or Niels,  but am inclined to say that it is large to begin with. Would have some,  but limited use. If it doesn't work, especially missing a $4,000 board,  it is probably not something we want.

Di

Dec 21, 2016, 8:27:12 PM12/21/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If someone Really Truly wants this and needs to borrow the truck I think everyone knows how to find me...

Di  <*>

Diane  <*>

Frank Kallal

Dec 21, 2016, 10:27:49 PM12/21/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
it's a Shame.... This would be an amazing took tool to have access to on occasion.. :)

Frank

nfolken

Dec 22, 2016, 12:52:39 AM12/22/16
to Arch Reactor
I say to pick it up for parts! I won't be back in town till Friday, so I might be able to pick it up that afternoon.

Jim S

Dec 22, 2016, 7:14:51 AM12/22/16
to Arch Reactor
Sounds like there's a chance the board could be repaired.  If not there are some great parts.  Maybe some of the parts/boards could be sold - sounds like parts are expensive.  Might be a way to fund other projects.