spare cable management

Chris Weiss

Mar 14, 2018, 12:02:17 PM3/14/18
to Arch Reactor
I'm thinking of printing some of these and mounting them to the inside of the doors on the red topped cabinets that are now in the classroom, then sorting that mess of a box of cables onto them.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2785354

better ideas welcome, my goal is to reduce that box to take no shelf space, short of just tossing the whole thing.  there are some good cables in there, and some that do need to be trashed, and I want the good ones easy to find.

travis...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2018, 2:00:30 PM3/14/18
to Arch Reactor
We could also use some of these
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:40585

Is the goal quick access or organization?

Personally I use ziplocks for all my cable management. 1 cord per bag means no chance for a never ending knot. If the connectors are not easily found, I label what is in the bag. I use the $1 clear plastic shoe boxes to sort the baggies. Maybe something like the link below to get them off the counter. Make it a little easier to build... and orange.
https://nickferry.com/2014/10/storage-container-organizer/

I also think labels with pictures of the type of connector would be good because not everyone knows the proper names.

Chris Weiss

Mar 14, 2018, 2:21:47 PM3/14/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 1:00 PM <travis...@gmail.com> wrote:
We could also use some of these
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:40585

Is the goal quick access or organization?

both.  the fork things work good for short and flexible cables,  this would be for usb A+B, VGA, PC power, LAN, etc, most 3ft or more.

Tom Blevins

Mar 14, 2018, 8:48:00 PM3/14/18
to Arch Reactor

Chris Weiss

Mar 15, 2018, 9:18:37 AM3/15/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
thought about a shoe thing, the pockets are too big really.  coiled on hooks get a lot higher density, and forces people (me especially) to coil them up and place them neatly instead of just shoving them in a bag/pocket.

Chris Weiss

Mar 27, 2018, 10:11:18 PM3/27/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Got a few mounted