Reigning in Donations

nfolken

Jan 12, 2015, 6:51:31 PM1/12/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Also another reminder about donations. We don't have unlimited space, so please try to keep donations to things that are useful to the space or that have good hackable qualities. If you have something that you would like to find a new home for, please use the forum to try and find a new home for it, and don't just dump it at the space.

Things like CRTs and these huge speakers aren't needed by AR, take up a lot of space, and don't have many reusable parts in them.

Ryan Williams

Jan 24, 2015, 4:52:21 PM1/24/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

I'll get those reduced down to useful parts. My bad.

Ryan/baslisks

Jan 24, 2015, 6:18:53 PM1/24/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

nfolken

Jan 27, 2015, 3:23:55 PM1/27/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I was also starting to wonder if they would fit between the ribs in the ceiling...

Derek Sigler

Jan 27, 2015, 3:34:25 PM1/27/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
We can talk about it tonight,  but how about packing up some stuff for this electronics recycling event on Thursday.

Derek

Jan 27, 2015, 3:42:24 PM1/27/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, derek...@yahoo.com
Make that this Saturday.

Derek Sigler

Jan 27, 2015, 3:44:30 PM1/27/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
We can talk about it this tonight.  Perhaps we could box up a few things for this event on Saturday?

image

Preview by Yahoo

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Jan 28, 2015, 7:03:13 AM1/28/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Any Best Buy or other box store can take your recycled electronic goods. Check their website for details. $20+ for taking a CRT seems steep to me.

Chris Weiss

Jan 28, 2015, 8:43:04 AM1/28/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
MRC is the same company that picks up at my work. I can take stuff in
any time. if we have a lot of stuff we can also get them to pick up
at AR as well.

$20 is the typical fee for CRT TVs. monitors are usually less since
there's grant money available for them.