<First Friday> Mission Impossible ** Jan 1

Frank Kallal

Dec 13, 2015, 8:48:34 PM12/13/15
to Arch Reactor
Ok i'll start the discussion on here.. though Damned if i know what to do for it :)

so Umm thoughts?

Tom Blevins

Dec 13, 2015, 10:59:10 PM12/13/15
to Arch Reactor
How about puzzles?

Amberly Brown

Dec 14, 2015, 9:25:54 AM12/14/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Or spy gear or illusions (ie: drones with camera's)

Amberly

Though puzzles does sound fun...and I'm sure there are plans for 3d printed puzzles...

Robert Kleeschulte

Dec 14, 2015, 12:25:35 PM12/14/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I thought more towards Mission Impossible and could not think of much from the shows/movies.

I had redesigned the IMF logo for printing. http://missionimpossible.wikia.com/wiki/Impossible_Mission_Force

.gcode file is on the Griffin under Rob bottom of the list. Prints about 50mm diameter
http://imgur.com/Y2MPyX9

Morganism

Dec 14, 2015, 12:37:54 PM12/14/15
to Arch Reactor
I was thinking about trying to use flash paper and make a small "This message will self-destruct in 5 secs" circuit. Let people write a message on it, then depending which way is easier to build the circuit (on open or close) see the self-destruct message and then have a spark lite it up. I don't know if it is possible or not, just my first thought.

Amberly Brown

Dec 14, 2015, 12:41:27 PM12/14/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Disappearing ink (I keep thinking the lemon juice version, but I"m sure there are other recipes).

Amberly

Frank Kallal

Dec 14, 2015, 1:31:23 PM12/14/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Do I recall Right that we have a badge Printer?  If we do, Perhaps Print on demand IMF "Agent Badges"  in return for a donation?

If we don't I may have a someone that does, though i'm not sure on the restrictions on Borrowing it.

Fk

Travis Megee

Dec 14, 2015, 1:40:19 PM12/14/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Joe purchased one.  It would definitely need a new ribbon.

Travis

Brad Tissi

Dec 15, 2015, 7:45:15 PM12/15/15
to Arch Reactor

Brad Tissi

Dec 15, 2015, 7:46:18 PM12/15/15
to Arch Reactor
Smartphone hologram
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/a16713/diy-hologram-prism-for-phone/

Posting from mobile browsers stink. It reloads when you switch tabs.

Xsfx2000

Dec 16, 2015, 8:45:25 AM12/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Mastermind- the guess the hidden color code game-

Xsfx2000

Dec 16, 2015, 8:45:58 AM12/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Deech

Dec 16, 2015, 11:44:00 AM12/16/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
How about a "Build your own night vision" demo?
Most cheap digital cameras and cell phone cameras pick up infrared light clearly. Which means that you could make a small flashlight out of infrared LEDs and use your phone to see in the dark.

There's also some fun projects to be made from old VHS camera viewfinders: http://www.lucidscience.com/pro-night%20vision%20viewer-1.aspx

Brad Tissi

Dec 23, 2015, 12:05:46 PM12/23/15
to Arch Reactor, de...@ninjacow.net
The IR phone attachment might be an easy one.

Laser cut two 1/16" thick rings. One with mount holes, the other a backing and mount below for batteries.

Robert Kleeschulte

Dec 23, 2015, 6:54:48 PM12/23/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, de...@ninjacow.net
I am out for this First Friday. I will be in Texas till Saturday.

On Wednesday, December 23, 2015, Brad Tissi <bti...@gmail.com> wrote:
The IR phone attachment might be an easy one.

Laser cut two 1/16" thick rings. One with mount holes, the other a backing and mount below for batteries.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Dec 28, 2015, 1:15:58 PM12/28/15
to Arch Reactor
I have just received this email from Andrew at the Science Center. For
those who are going, what is your preference? I was going to suggest using
the Maker Garage again, but have the 2nd table placed on the hallway
upstairs to help direct people back to the garage.

If we have enough people to do that.

What say those who are going? I'll need to get back to him quickly.

**************

Gene,

Hopefully this email reaches you. I apparently have been sending messages
to the wrong address. We were wanting to know if you were interested in
having the same setup for First Friday with the Maker Garage and an extra
table downstairs.

Thanks!

Chris Weiss

Dec 28, 2015, 1:30:13 PM12/28/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I think the table downstairs may work better, though really we only tried it once.

I plan on attending.

Di

Dec 28, 2015, 2:24:52 PM12/28/15
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Having a second table downstairs is extremely helpful if we have friendly staff to work it.  The trick seems to be to get people upstairs in the first place.    (There is no power at that location)

Unfortunately I'll most likely be stuck at work on Friday.   IF I get free (which is highly unlikely) I'll try to swing by, but I give it a 15% chance at most.

Diane   <*>

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the table downstairs may work better, though really we only tried it once.

I plan on attending.

Diane  <*>

Chris Weiss

Jan 1, 2016, 1:39:57 PM1/1/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

What's the load in plan? I'm not sure if I'll make it by 5

Derek Sigler

Jan 1, 2016, 5:09:49 PM1/1/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I can get to AR about 5:30.

Jan 4, 2016, 11:04:01 AM1/4/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to go to this but I am recovering still.  How did it go?

Chris Weiss

Jan 4, 2016, 11:08:30 AM1/4/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
not bad, turnout on the lower side, still met some new interested people

Tom Blevins

Jan 4, 2016, 7:26:10 PM1/4/16
to Arch Reactor
On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 10:08:30 AM UTC-6, ||cw wrote:
> not bad, turnout on the lower side, still met some new interested people
>

> On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 10:04 AM George Fetters <gfet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I wanted to go to this but I am recovering still.  How did it go?
>

> On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 4:09 PM, 'Derek Sigler' via Arch Reactor <arch-r...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> I can get to AR about 5:30.

We had about 5 or so show up, with an interest in checking us oout because of first friday, at our open house Sunday night. There were a couple of others that are semi regulars that show up and ask questions but I have seen them at leat 6 times and the same questions are asked each time.