New Destruction Event

Morganism

Apr 19, 2018, 11:08:00 AM4/19/18
to Arch Reactor
There was a discussion in another thread about having a second destruction event. The Super Bowls of Destruction have been successful, but we still have large amounts of items that we were not able to get to in one day.

Are people interested in having another destruction event? I imagine this one would be more focused on just breaking things down/destruction and less about saving/hacking parts.

We may want to do this quickly. My condo association is having an electronics pick-up on May 12th. Unfortunately, I am going to be out of town the weekend before. However, that would be a good weekend to do it.

Otherwise, we can arrange it another time with a different pick-up.

-Morgan

Chris Weiss

Apr 19, 2018, 11:15:15 AM4/19/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
We can also arrange our own pickup with MRC.  I think all they ask is a certain volume of stuff.  we use them at work and get free pickups with a pallet load about 3 or 4 foot high.  the only thing that's a charge is CRT TVs.

Morganism

Apr 19, 2018, 11:21:34 AM4/19/18
to Arch Reactor
I don't think meeting the volume requirement will be a problem

Derek Sigler

Apr 19, 2018, 12:26:19 PM4/19/18
to Arch Reactor
Small note.  My work is having a recycling event on Monday.  I'm going to take in the last of the " Super Bowl stuff" that's by the front door.

Morganism

Apr 19, 2018, 12:39:02 PM4/19/18
to Arch Reactor
If we can get them to come out to us, then that takes the time pressure off. When do we want to plan something?

eAddict

Apr 19, 2018, 5:26:16 PM4/19/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Want a *%^#$*$ of LCD montiors?  Turns out Best Buy wants $25/monitor and Earthbound want $10 each.  I was hoping to get these old things recycled but no luck.  I'll even bring them to you!

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 11:26 AM, 'Derek Sigler' via Arch Reactor <arch-r...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Small note.  My work is having a recycling event on Monday.  I'm going to take in the last of the " Super Bowl stuff" that's by the front door.

Chris Weiss

Apr 19, 2018, 5:28:09 PM4/19/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
for LCD?  not CRT?

eAddict

Apr 19, 2018, 7:53:19 PM4/19/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yup  LCD monitor

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 4:27 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
for LCD?  not CRT?

Jim S

Apr 20, 2018, 9:05:43 AM4/20/18
to Arch Reactor
Last I knew Goodwill took electronics recycling.  But it's been about 6 months since I dropped off anything.

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 6:53:19 PM UTC-5, Vince wrote:
Yup  LCD monitor

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 4:27 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
for LCD?  not CRT?

eAddict

Apr 20, 2018, 10:35:50 AM4/20/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Nope.  No more electronics.  AND most of these are DOA.

Jim S

eAddict

Apr 20, 2018, 12:22:07 PM4/20/18
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com