hello, new here with access to tons of goodies

viktorl...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2014, 9:25:14 PM7/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I called the number on the webpage and was directed here. Anyhow long story short I have a friend who's grandfather worked for being then became a dealer/electrician for home sound systems, home security, doorbells, etc in the 80s and 90s. He has since passed on and she is trying to make space. There is literally (I'm dead serious) a semi truck of transistors, diods, circuts, interfaces, keypads, resisters, I could go on. Boxes upon boxes and she is looking to get rid of them for fair offerings. This is older, dated stuff I must add, but most still in boxes. I have pictures and will be going back tomorrow to take more.

please admins or mods, if I fouled up on this post feel free to contact me. These items are of no use to her and she is just gonna junk it all if no one comes to take anything. She would be more than generous as I am the one who alerted her to what she is trying to get rid of and I feel it would be a shame to see all of these things go to waste via dump/recycling.

EschewObfuscation

Jul 8, 2014, 11:05:21 PM7/8/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, viktorl...@gmail.com
It would indeed be a horrible waste to see stuff like that get recycled. I'm not sure how much competition I have in this area, but I personally would be interested in plundering, er, rescuing some of that stuff! :) Are things labeled in any way, or totally random?

Eric Geldmacher

Jul 9, 2014, 12:40:39 AM7/9/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, viktorl...@gmail.com
Gateway Electronics might be interested in the larger volumes you are talking about.
http://www.gatewayelectronics.com/

Xsfx2000

Jul 9, 2014, 12:44:23 PM7/9/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Wow. I'd love to see what's available.

Brad Tissi

Jul 9, 2014, 1:27:49 PM7/9/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Stuff? Enough said.

Please keep us posted and we'll try to help each other out.

viktorl...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2014, 5:31:33 PM7/10/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
We had somebody come by and take a few boxes off her hands and she was happy with the chuck of change...
But... there is still much more, and she forgot to mention what was in the garage. LoL
MOAR STUFFS.
There are many boxes of home alarms (older..80sish) and home hifi systems. Lots of Ltd displays for linking tv home entertainment, etc from the 80s - early 90s. About 15 crts in boxes unused and without housing, a logic detector, an old old military battery, some trumpet speakers, and other stuff yet to identify along with other electronic components (boards, diods, resisters, etc) that while most are outdated alot are still useful and alot of stuff can be cannibalized.

Brad Tissi

Jul 16, 2014, 8:56:44 AM7/16/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, viktorl...@gmail.com
Just let us know when and where to meet you and I'm sure that some will be able to make it.